SJUSD Home » Academics » San Juan Common Core|
San Juan Common Core
| |NEW: For the Online Professional Development Common Core Modules, link to Schoology and follow these directions to enroll:
- Create a Schoology account if you haven't already by clicking "Sign Up."
- After clicking "Sign Up," follow the steps to create an account. When prompted to choose instructor, student, or parent, choose either instructor or student. Choosing parent will limit your access.
- Once in Schoology, click "Courses." Then click "Join."
- When prompted to enter an access code enter the following:
- If you are an SJUSD employee, member of the Board, or member of a Board committee: ZNN4T-57DKF.
- If you are a member of our community or the public: RXVFJ-HKRQK
Leading and Learning for College, Career, and Citizenship in the Twenty First Century:What San Juan Graduates Will Know and Do
"As challenging as it must have been to write and finesse the adoption of the Common Core State Standards, that accomplishment is nothing compared to the work of teaching in ways that bring all students to these ambitious expectations. The goal is clear. The pathway is not."
-Lucy Calkins, Founding Director, Teachers College Reading and Writing Project
Common Core in San Juan: The Future is Now.
Many of you have likely heard about the Common Core State Standards, a new set of standards that have been adopted by 46 states and the District of Columbia. These standards will be replacing the current California state standards in English/language arts and math, and they will be supplementing the current California state standards in social science, science, and technical subjects (including business courses and CTE courses).
Calkins is right. The greatest challenge is ahead of us--the challenge of deciding how we will join together as a community in order to achieve the high levels of learning required by the standards for all students. It is our hope that this website will guide you through San Juan Unified's transition to the Common Core and provide valuable resources for you, whether you are a site administrator, a teacher, a parent, a community member, or a student.
If you would like to submit questions, comments, or feedback regarding the Common Core State Standards or this site in particular, please complete the Feedback Form, which is linked on the navigation bar.