Laurel Ruff Center » Resources|
At Laurel Ruff our mission is to educate students in the least restrictive environment as they attain their maximum potential.
RESOURCES & COMMUNITY INFO*
California Regional Center, 2441 Harvard Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95815; Stay in the loop about Alta issues - sign-up for the ACRC E-mail Alert via the link on their home page
- Cover the Kids * If access to health care is a challenge this organization could help. Cover the Kids supports families throughout Sacramento County with children eligible for subsidized programs such as: Medi-Cal; Healthy Families; Kaiser Permanente's Child Health Plan; Healthy Kids; and Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM) Program....
If you think your children are eligible for one of these programs, please contact Cover the Kids via this web link or toll free at 1-866-850-4321.
Phone contacts: RCCA Program Manager - 508-0499; RCCA Office Staff – 483-2433; RCCA Program Staff – 473-5128
Contact your Alta service coordinator for more info
- Special Olympics Northern California 'SONC' - Laurel Ruff athletes participate in several SO sports - bowling, basketball, track & field, swimming, etc.... Contact our office to request a physical form or for more info.
- SJUSD - Student & Family Engagement ( formerly OSAPP) Parent Family Connection – ongoing workshops & special events coordinated by San Juan’s Building Bridges project - fliers are attached monthly for upcoming events. For more info call (916) 488-2220.
- SJUSD - Special Education Dept – visit the SJUSD special education website for general information about special education in San Juan Unified. The SJUSD Special Education Parent Handbook is also available online.
- SJUSD - White House Counseling Centers – SJUSD child and family counseling services are available (on a sliding scale per income level) – call (916) 971-7640 for more info.
- SJUSD - WorkAbility Dept – helps special education students prepare for the world of work. Check out the WorkAbility website for more info.
- TDD/TYY district phone # for the hearing impaired is located in the lobby of the district office and can be reached at (916) 979-8887
- Therapeutic Recreation Services (SacramentoCountyParks & Rec.)*– offers many wonderful programs for disabled children & adults. Call (916)381-0255 or http://www.msa2.saccounty.net/parks/trs/Pages/default.aspx .
- TumbleBooks - Laurel Ruff subscribes to this wonderful online service -
- Upper Cuts Salon – 7850 Macy Plaza Drive, Citrus Heights, (916) 961-1051 – our thanks to Roseanna Jimenez and the Upper Cuts team for participating in our CTP Ladies Spa Day and helping our graduates look stylish on their special day.
- VIP – ‘Very Inspirational People’ – a non-profit organization that provides both sports & social events for children and adults with developmental disabilities. For more information, please check out their website at http://www.veryinspirationalpeople.org/ , call (916) 331-4015 or email email@example.com.
- WarmLine Family Resource Center *– A place where families can turn when they have questions or needs regarding their child with special needs or disabilities. Call WarmLine at (916) 922-9276, or visit their web page at www.warmlinefrc.org
*Disclaimer: The school district is grateful for community support of our schools; however, the district does not endorse any product or company and cannot guarantee products, services, or the authenticity of pledges to benefit schools. The school district accepts no liability or responsibility for any company mentioned here, its products, services, or for refunds, or customer satisfaction.
info re: free or low cost health care :-)
See site for info about: Medi-Cal Healthy Families Kaiser Permanente's Child Health Plan Healthy Kids (Now available in Sacramento County) Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM) Program