The San Juan Unified School District has launched a user-friendly online Civic Permits program that offers the public easier access to school facilities than ever before.
Paper applications are no longer being accepted.
to access our Civic Permits page and reserve a facility online.
Hours of Operation - Use of Facilities:
We are open from 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Mon-Fri except on Holidays or Breaks listed below.
In order to process and approve an application the following steps and documentation are required:
- Fill out the online application completely, including if you'd like heating or air conditioning.
- Upload a Certificate of Insurance (under insurance tab), naming San Juan Unified School District as the certificate holder.
- Upload an Additional Insured Endorsement (under insurance tab) naming San Juan Unified School District as the additional insured (see sample below).
- Submit your online application request, two pages of insurance documentation to your school(s) of choice.
Please note steps 1-4 above must be completed per site, per school year, per group.
Next the following steps below are required for a final approval:
- School Site Administration and Custodial staff will estimate hours and calendar the event if the space requested is available for the proposed use.
- School Site Administrator will forward your pre-approved permit request to the Planning Department for final review, processing and approval. Please note that the Planning staff will work with you to answer questions, however the submittal of a complete packet (steps 1-4 above) will expedite final approval, payment must be made prior to use as applicable.
- Final approved application and invoice will be sent via email notification to your organization's key contact and the site Administrator. Please note 48 hours notice must be given to the Planning department if you would like to request the Heat/Air programmed on, please note the hours of heat/air that you are requesting so it may be programmed in advance according to your needs.
All Use of Facilities rentals are "pre-approved" by the site administrator and must include the estimated hours for custodial if applicable. Applications are then processed by Planning and Property Management. Final approval is granted when payment has been received and insurance documentation is reviewed. Applications will be denied without the required insurance documents. If applications are turned in less than 10 days prior, there is no guarantee rental will be approved. You must have a printed copy of your approved application with you during rental.
Questions about Facility Use should be directed to Charmayne Monday at (916) 971-5790 or at email@example.com.