Pasadena Avenue » About Our School » Strategic Planning|
Pasadena Avenue Elementary School
The mission of Pasadena Elementary, a community of caring, is to ensure all students achieve academic success and build an appreciation for human values through challenging, supportive, and engaging instruction that nurtures each individual student's ability to learn. Our Objectives:
- Each year, every student will meet or exceed challenging personal educational goals that further his or her achievement.
- By 2015, we will reduce the number of students who are not performing at the proficient or advanced level in English-language arts and math by at least 50%.
- All students will develop and consistently demonstrate the character traits that foster a community of caring such as respect, kindness, responsibility, and valuing differences.
- All students will develop and apply 21st century skills such as creative and critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and applications of technology.
- We will continue to foster and develop a community of caring in which students, families, staff and community members are valued partners in the educational process.
- We will continue to develop positive character traits, emphasizing an appreciation of human values to best achieve our mission and objectives.
- We will create a collaborative school environment that personalizes instruction and actively engages and supports all students in achieving our objectives.
- We will ensure all staff are implementing effective instructional strategies (including 21st century skills), integrating technology, and utilizing assessment data to actively challenge students to increase achievement.