6th-8th Grade Physical Education Information
Students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades are required to dress-down for Physical Education (P.E.). Over the past years, we've experienced too many students not properly dressed for P.E., which is required by state standards. Additionally, several injuries have occurred due to improper clothing.
In order to properly prepare 6th-8th grade students for high school, to ensure a safe learning environment, and to promote life-long fitness, students will need to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Students must wear the following items for P.E.: T-shirt, shorts or sweats, and tennis shoes.
2. Students may purchase a P.E. T-shirt, Woodside shorts and sweats, and a shoe bag at any time. (See the file below for ordering information)
3. Students will be allowed to wear these clothes to school or change in the 10-minutes prior to their P.E. class period.
* Students have access to both Building F and MP Room restrooms
* Two teachers will supervise during this time prior to class starting
4. Students may store clothes in their classroom during P.E., either in their backpack or shoe bag.
5. Students not dressing appropriately for P.E. will report to the Main Office and call home. Consequences will be assigned. As a result of not participating, due to lack of dressing-down, participation points for the day will be lost.
If you have any questions about dressing for physical education, please contact Mr. Barge at Woodside. Thank you!