Thank you for your interest in the San Juan Unified School District’s new mobile app! This new, free tool will help you stay informed about what's happening in your schools throughout the year. Below you can find a guide to downloading the app and making the most of its features.
Getting StartedThe San Juan Unified School District app is available for iOS and Android devices (smartphones and tablets). It is not yet available for Windows devices and cannot be accessed by a computer.
To download the free app:
- Visit the iOS App Store or Google Play.
- Search for San Juan Unified.
- Follow the steps indicated for download
Once the app has loaded on your device, open it. You may be prompted to select which school(s) you'd like to follow. This means you will receive news and notifications from those schools. Don't worry; you can change your preferences later also. Then, you are taken to the home screen of the app. You can swipe left to see additional icons and features. It's a good idea to complete a few initial steps to customize your app experience:
- Settings: You can select your language preference in Settings. The default is English, but there are more than 60 other languages you can choose. **Please be aware that these automated translations might contain inaccuracies. The Settings icon is also where you go to follow additional schools.
- Student Info: By choosing this icon and logging in with your Parent PIN or Student ID and password, you can access individual student information such as classes, grades, attendance, meal balances and more. Don't know your login information? Request parent login information or request student login information.
- Please note: In order to login to the app, your password must meet our new complex password requirements. Passwords must be between 8 and 10 characters long with at least 1 capital letter and 1 number. If your password does not meet requirements, reset it and wait 24 hours before attempting to login again.
- Push notifications: Click into this area to view and customize your notifications. By default, everyone who downloads the app will receive district notifications and will get a “push” alert when there is a new message. You can choose to receive notifications from individual schools as well; just click the Settings icon. If you have logged via Student Info (see above), you will also have the option to set up push notifications regarding student grades, attendance and more.
- News: By default you will receive the district’s news, Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the Settings icon in the upper right.
- Calendar: By default you receive information from the district events calendar. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the Settings icon in the upper right. When you click into an individual calendar event, you will have the option to add that event to your device's calendar.
- Directory: Here, you will find addresses, maps, websites, phone and email contacts for each school and for the district office. Want to contact a teacher or other staff member? Just click the "Staff" button and search for their name.
- Activity Stream: This feed consolidates all news and calendar updates in one place.
- Tip Line: Share your safety concerns via the tip line. Any information submitted using the form goes directly to our Safe Schools Coordinator who will use discretion and keep as much information confidential as possible to ensure the issue is addressed.
- Meal Menus: See what’s on the menu at our schools.
- Report an absence: Email or call your school to report your student's absence.
- Pay for meals: Login to your MySchoolBucks account to add money to your child’s meal account.
- Resources: Find links to important reference information, like a video tour of the app.
- Naviance: If you are a middle or high school parent or student, you can login to use this college and career planning tool.
- Facebook, Twitter and Photos: Go directly to the district’s social media sites, or browse recently-posted pictures.
- YouTube: This is the district’s YouTube channel, featuring videos about our schools.
If you enjoy using the app, we encourage you to hit the Settings icon and rate and share the app with other members of the San Juan Unified family.
If you experience difficulties, have other questions that haven’t been addressed here, suggestions on how to make the app better, or just want to talk to a live person, please feel free to contact Communication Specialist Katie Combs via email
or at (916) 971-7612.