SJUSD Home » Services » Resources » K-8 Programs|
Mission and Information
K-8 Program Description
In a collaborative community, K-8 schools in San Juan Unified School District provide an environment that supports:
- Seamless articulation kindergarten through early adolescence.
- Rigorous academic and high behavioral expectations for all students.
- Increased personalization and precision through various program design, including but not limited to, project based learning, flexible grouping with core instruction classrooms, multi-age looping classrooms, and electives.
- Comprehensive literacy and common core state standards, while preparing students for college and career readiness.
- Development of leadership skills through cross-age activities providing younger students with positive role models.
In our efforts to connect learning in K-8, we enlist and rely upon a cohesive partnership not only with our families, but our entire community.
||.pdf: You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) for PC or Macintosh to view this file type.
Overview of San Juan K-8 Program at Gold River Discovery Club.