SJUSD Home » Services » Use of Facilities|
Community Use of District Facilities
Effective the week of January 2nd, 2013, the Use of Facilities office will be moving to 5320 Hemlock Street, Sacramento Ca., 95841. Our phone number and email addresses will remain unchanged.
A Map of driving directions to our Hemlock Address is located below.
Hours of Operation - Use of Facilities:
We are open from 7:30-4:00PM mon-fri except of Holidays or Breaks listed below.
In order to process and approve an application the following steps and documentation are required:
- Complete the one page application completely, including whether you'd like heat or air.
- Complete a two page Addendum. Addendum B is most commonly applicable.
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance, naming San Juan Unified School District as the certificate holder.
- Provide an Additional Insured Endorsement, naming San Juan Unified School District as the additional insured. (see sample below)
- Submit your application, two page addendum, two pages of insurance documentation to your school(s) of choice.
Please note steps 1-5 above must be completed per site, per school year, per group.
Next the following steps below are required for a final approval:
- School Site Administration and Custodial staff wil estimate hours and calendar the event if the space requested is available for the proposed use.
- School Site Administrator will forward the approved (by site) packet to the Planning Department for final review, processing and approval. Please note that the Planning staff will work with you to answer questions, however the submittal of a complete packet (steps 1-5 above) will expedite final approval, payment must be made prior to use as applicable.
- Final approved application and invocie will be sent via email to your organization's key contact and the site Administrator. Please note 48 hours notice must be given to the Planning department if you would like to request the Heat/Air programmed on, please note the hours of heat/air that you are requesting so it may be programmed in advance according to your needs.
SAMPLE ADDITIONAL INSURED ENDORSEMENT:
See below for link to Sample endorsement sheet.
All Use of Facilites rentals are "pre-approved" by the site administrator and must include signature of the custodian (and the estimated hours for custodial if applicable). Applications are then processed by Planning and Property Management. Final approval is granted when payment has been received and insurance documentation is reviewed. Applications will be denied without the required insurance documents. If applications are turned in less than 10 days prior, there is no guarantee rental will be approved. You must have your approved application with you during rental.
Camp Winthers Use of Facilities
Questions about Facility Use should be directed to Virginia Wingate at (916) 971-7073 or at Virginia.Wingate@sanjuan.edu.
The following are Holidays that our office will not be open for business:
May 28, Memorial Day
July 4th, Independence Day
September 2nd, Labor Day
November 11, Veterans' Day
November 28, Thanksgiving Day
November 29, Local Holiday
December 25, Christmas Day
December 26, 27, 28, 31 Winter Recess
January 1 2014, New Year's Day
January 20, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
February 17, Presidents' Day
February 18, Lincoln's Day Observed
April 18, Local Holiday
May 26, Memorial Day
||.pdf: You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) for PC or Macintosh to view this file type.