Employee Benefits Open Enrollment for 2023 will be held October 24, 2022 through November 18, 2022
It is once again time for San Juan Unified School District's benefit eligible employees to review their health coverage and make any necessary changes. Open Enrollment for 2023 will begin Monday, October 24, 2022 and go through Friday, November 18, 2022. Changes made will take effect January 1, 2023. Open enrollment changes are done through the American Fidelity enrollment platform, AFenroll. The open enrollment platform will be available beginning October 24, 2022. Employees may complete their open enrollment changes online by visiting the self service platform at www.afenroll.com/enroll, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With AFenroll, American Fidelity's online enrollment system, employees can view all of their current benefits and create a benefit package that best suits their individual financial and medical needs.
Your current medical, dental, and vision coverages will roll-over to the 2023 plan year if no changes are made.
Action is required to receive cash-in-lieu of medical coverage for the 2023 plan year.
1. Log onto www.afenroll.com to complete an online waiver form or you may print out and sign the Cash-in-Lieu of Medical Coverage Waiver Attestation Form and submit to email@example.com with proof of other coverage. Please put in the subject line "Last Name -Waiver 2023"
2. You must provide proof of other coverage. Acceptable proof is a letter from your insurance carrier or plan sponsor indicating that you currently have active coverage. You may also log into your online account with your insurance carrier and take a screenshot of your active status. Proof must show your name and the active status. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Last Name - Waiver 2023" in the subject line by November 18th. (Copies of insurance cards are no longer acceptable proof.)
HOW TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO THE AF ENROLL PLATFORM:
A step-by-step video on how to enroll online can be found at: americanfidelity.com/howtoenroll.
Need Enrollment Assistance?. In-person and virtual enrollment assistance is available with an American Fidelity representative by appointment only. Employees may schedule their individual virtual meeting beginning October 17th through the following online scheduler (or by calling American Fidelity at 1-800-365-8306 ext. 7). Since appointments are limited, do not wait until the end of the open enrollment period to schedule your appointment.
CHANGES YOU CAN MAKE DURING OPEN ENROLLMENT:
- Enroll for medical, dental, or vision coverage previously waived
- Switch medical, dental, or vision plan options
- Decline medical coverage for the 2023 Plan Year and receive cash waiver payments as specified on the employee's premium costs schedule. (Employees will need to make their waiver election on the platform and acknowledge the medical waiver attestation on the platform for the 2023 plan year and submit proof of other non-Exchange or non-individual market coverage to email@example.com. A printout or screenshot of the employee's coverage with their insurance carrier is sufficient proof. This may be obtained by logging into your insurance carrier website and viewing your eligibility tab. A copy of your insurance card is not sufficient proof.
- Add eligible* spouse, domestic partner, or dependents to medical, dental, and/or vision coverage. (Eligible Dependent List and Required Documentation) Employees will also need to enter the social security numbers of each dependent being added to his/her coverages on the enrollment platform.) Proof of dependency documents need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Open Enrollment".
- Enroll in a Health Care and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for the 2023 Plan Year. Elections from 2022 do not rollover to 2023. If you wish to participate in an FSA. you need to make an election during each open enrollment period.
- Employees who wish to purchase or increase supplemental life insurance may submit a request directly to Reliance Standard by completing a health statement questionnaire for the applicable employee group the employee works. Reliance Standard's underwriting department will notify the employee of the approval or denial of the request. Forms for your employee group are in the enrollment resource section below.
Employees may view the Summary Benefit Descriptions and plan information by clicking on the links below:
- American Fidelity Enrollment Platform
- American Fidelity Appointment Scheduler
- Medical Plans Kaiser Western Health Advantage
- Cash-in-Lieu of Medical Waiver
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- List of Eligible Dependents and Require proof
- Domestic Partnership Affidavit of Tax Status
- Reliance Life Health Statement- Cert.Mgmt.Supv.Confid.Unrep.
- Reliance Life Health Statement - (Classified CSEA Positions)
- Reliance Life Health Statement -(Classified Transportation Positions)
- 2023 Premium Cost Schedules
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Employees may contact the Benefits Office by email at email@example.com or call 916-971-7662.