Dear Greer Families and Community Partners,
Things are changing at Greer Elementary School! Our new campus began construction in June 2018 and will be completed in phases, with all construction being completed in December 2019. We are excited to offer your children modern learning facilities and ask for your patience during construction. These changes will provide our 520 students with creative and innovative learning environments that will encourage their natural love of learning.
The staff at Greer are committed to valuing, educating, and inspiring all students through rigorous grade level instruction, collaboration, and positive character development. We utilize research-based instructional practices and analyze academic data to determine each student’s current strengths, skill levels, and next targets for continuous growth. We believe that all students possess greatness and our staff works hard to instill that belief in our students each and every day!
We believe that learning starts at home and continues at school. There are a few things you can do to immediately impact your child's academic success:
- Bring your child to school every day by 7:40 a.m. for breakfast and morning walk. Meals are free at Greer for all students and your child will never be late to school if you bring them in time for breakfast.
- Meet your child's teacher and share your hopes and dreams for their school experience. Let staff know you support them and want them to hold your child to high standards for learning and behavior.
- Read, talk and sing with your children daily to develop their love of learning and vocabulary.
- Practice the PAWS behavior guidelines at home, too.
- P = Positive Attitude
- A = Act Responsibly and Respectfully
- W = Work Cooperatively
- S = Show Kindness
- Let us know how we can support you! We have many resources at Greer and with our community partners.
Thank you for partnering with us to support your child's learning. Let’s make it another great year at Greer Elementary! Go Panthers!
Amy Rovai Gregory, Principal
Kate Hazarian, Vice Principal