IB MYP French
Learning to speak another’s language means taking one’s place in the human community. It means reaching out to others across cultural and linguistic boundaries. Language is far more than a system to be explained. It is our most important link to the world around us. Language is culture in motion. It is people interacting with people.
Savignon (1983)My e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Others and their differences can also be right."-IB Mission Statement
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
We survived the first wave of distant learning last spring, and now we are about to embark on a new educational and classroom experience. Zoom meetings and independant work might be challenging for some students. I will try my best to help students to stay on track and ready to go back to traditional school as soon as that is possible.
Here are a few suggestions on how to create a successful Distant Learning environment:
1. Students should have a set work space where he/she can participate in zoom meetings, complete assignments, and keep their supplies. It is important that students feel a sense of organization and structure.
2. Be prepared for your zoom meetings. Double check days and times of your meetings. Links are posted on Google classroom stream
3. BE PATIENT & HAVE A POSITIVE MINDSET! Remember this situation is new to all of us.
A few more important points:
- Attendance will be taken for each class period. It is important that students attend the daily zoom meetings and complete all assignments. All assignments are worth points; these points go towards students' academic grades for the course. We will be using the traditional A-F grading system.
- Participation in the zoom meetings will be an integral part of the final grade.
- French I and II are high-school level courses and students are required to maintain a B average in order to be recommended to move to the next level.
- Please, make sure your contact information is updated in the portal. Email will be our primary form of communication with guardians. It is extremely important that your email is entered correctly.
This website is used as a welcome space, and not updated throughout the school year. Student Portal, Zoom and Google classroom will be the distant learning platform.
There will have ample time to discuss our assignments and content during our live zoom meetings, but if questions come up outside the Bell schedule, please email me at email@example.com
During DL students will be expected to log into Student Portal as if they were "walking onto campus". Joining our Zoom amd opening up Google classroom is like "stepping into Room #1".Mme. Antler's Schedule:
1st Period: IB MYP French II
2nd Period: 6th exploration
3rd Period: prep
4th Period: IB MYP French I
5th Period: 6th exploration
6th Period: IB MYP French I"Traditional homework" may look different this year during DL. Assignments will be worked on during many Zoom meetings but may also need time to be completed after the Bell schedule.Homework is not posted on this website. Instead, students are responsible for filling out their planners weekly and are given class time to do so.Stay "in the know" by logging onto San Juan's Parent Connection often. Grades are posted regularly and can be seen for all classes by using the link below.We are a digital site - progress notices and report cards are NOT printed and sent/mailed home.
*Please contact the office if you are having problems logging in to the Parent Portal, or do not know login information. Unfortunately I cannot assist with these issues.
Last Modified about 3 hours ago