Mission & Objectives
MissionEmbracing diversity and valuing excellence, Mira Loma High School’s mission is to inspire and educate each student toward academic achievement, critical thinking, intrinsic success and responsible contributions to a peaceful international society by providing innovative, rigorous, student-focused instruction through a rich tradition of high-quality programs and dynamic activities in a safe, compassionate, and collaborative learning community.
- Mira Loma High School will improve two-way communication within our entire community.
- Mira Loma High School’s culture and community will foster pride and respect for its students, staff, and families; campus; traditions and activities creating a safe, positive and inclusive environment.
- Recognizing our successes, past and present, MLHS will ensure students’ academic and intrinsic success as healthy and balanced individuals by ensuring 100% student participation in a selected program and by strengthening MLHS programs: Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), English Learner (EL), International Passport (IP), International Studies (IS), International Baccalaureate Middle Years (IBMYP) & Diploma Program (IBDP), and Special Education.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
Students are independent and critical thinkers who....
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate data
- Select, monitor, and adjust problem-solving strategies
Students are collaborative learners who....
- Contribute and function in group settings
- Teach and learn from others
Students are efficient communicators who ...
- Convey ideas through written, oral and artistic modes
- Receive and interpret the messages of others
Students are community contributors who...
- Contribute their time, energy, and talents to improve the quality of life in our families, school, communities, nation and world.
- Demonstrate positive and productive citizenship
Students are quality producers who ...
- Set personal and academic goals that meet or exceed prescribed standards or requirements
- Create intellectual, artistic, practical, and physical products
Last Modified on May 17, 2014