The AVID Mission Statement
The mission of AVID is to ensure that ALL students and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges,
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID’s systemic approach is designed to support students and educators as they increase schoolwide/districtwide learning and performance.
Last Modified on August 28, 2019