Students who attend school regularly have been shown to achieve at higher levels than students who do not have regular attendance. This relationship between attendance and achievement may appear early in a child's school career. Research shows that attendance is an important factor in student achievement. Please make every effort to get your student to school every day on time.
22/23: Please take the time each morning to run through the Covid 19 Daily Prescreening list before sending your child to school to help us minimize the spread of illness on our campus.
When your child is ill, or needs to miss a day of school, please notify the office as soon as possible. There are new procedures for reporting absences, so please be patient with our office staff as they share the timelines for student return to school. We can offer Covid tests by appointment to students who register in the San Juan Covid Testing system. Please contact the office and they will help you schedule a test if needed.
If your child is going to miss school, please contact our school in one of three ways;
- Leave a message on the attendance line at: 916-971-7303
- Email the attendance email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the San Juan App to report an absence. See the information below to learn more about the uses of the San Juan app, including reporting absences.
We appreciate your help regarding attendance of our students.
San Juan Unified's Mobile App
- Directory: Here, you will find addresses, maps, websites, phone and email contacts for each school and for the district office. Want to contact a teacher or other staff member? Just click the "Staff" button and search for their name.
- Activity Stream: This feed consolidates all news and calendar updates in one place.
- Meal Menus: See what’s on the menu at our schools.
- Report an absence: Email or call your school to report your student's absence.
- Pay for meals: Login to your MySchoolBucks account to add money to your child’s meal account.
- Student Info: By choosing this icon and logging in with your Parent PIN or Student ID and password, you can access individual student information such as classes, grades, attendance, meal balances and more. Don't know your login information? Request parent login information or request student login information.
- Please note: In order to login to the app, your password must meet our new complex password requirements. Passwords must be between 8 and 10 characters long with at least 1 capital letter and 1 number. If your password does not meet requirements, reset it and wait 24 hours before attempting to login again.
- Push notifications: Click into this area to view and customize your notifications. By default, everyone who downloads the app will receive district notifications and will get a “push” alert when there is a new message. You can choose to receive notifications from individual schools as well; just click the Settings icon. If you have logged via Student Info (see above), you will also have the option to set up push notifications regarding student grades, attendance and more.
- News: By default you will receive the district’s news, Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the Settings icon in the upper right.
- Calendar: By default you receive information from the district events calendar. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the Settings icon in the upper right. When you click into an individual calendar event, you will have the option to add that event to your device's calendar.