Common Core = Common Sense
CCSS = Common Core State Standards
What does it mean?
· Promotes critical thinking and problem solving.
· Curriculum is about learning, not just testing.
· Students prove their work with discussions and/or writing.
· Teacher is facilitator and students are actively engaged.
· Collaboration is the central focus. Class discussions, group work and partner talk are key components to learning.
· CORE = Community Of Respect Everywhere
For more information: http://www.corestandards.org/what-parents-should-know/
Kindergarten Schedule: 2015-2016
M-F Early 7:45-11:45
M-F Late 8:25-12:25
~Tentative/Subject to Change~
7:45-8:25 Early Reading/Leveled Phonics/Small Group Instruction
8:25 Late Readers Arrive
8:25-8:45 Opening Activities
*Attendance, Flag Salute, Calendar, Agenda Review
8:45-10:00 Language Arts
*Emergent Readers/Just-Right Book*Word Work/Handwriting/ABC letter review
*Shared Reading/Read-Alouds/Weekly Readers*Writer’s Workshop*Critical Literacy/Exploring Literature
10:00-10:20 Recess/Snack/Bathroom Break
10:25-11:25 Math/Number Concepts/Problem Solving
*“Fun Friday” Centers/V.I.P. Activities*Closing Tasks: Organize/Interactive Journal Writing11:45 Early Readers Dismissal11:45-12:25 Late Reading/Leveled Phonics/Small Group Instruction12:25 Late Readers Dismissal