The International Studies Students Parents Organization, ISSPO, was created to help support the International Studies program at Mira Loma High School.
We have enrolled our students in the International Studies (IS) program to enrich their high school education and prepare them for college. We need the help of parents, students, grandparents, and other volunteers to continue the success of the International Studies Student Parent Organization (ISSPO).
The ISSPO supports the educational and service activities of our IS students through personal example, advocacy, fundraising and financial support. ISSPO helps fund books, materials, and field trips—costs which otherwise would be passed along to parents. Additionally, ISSPO offers yearly scholarships, sponsors a banquet for graduating seniors, and offers graduation regalia rental at a discounted cost. You, and International Studies Student and Parent Organization can have an important and positive impact on your child’s enjoyment of these years.Some of the traditional events from now to the end of the year that we are working on:
1) Award college scholarships to senior ISSPO members.
2) Participating in fundraising events such as the snack bar at Sports-A-Rama.
3) Hosting the senior banquet ceremony.
4) Provide IS regalia to be worn at the graduation ceremony.
5) Student Socials
We need parent and student membership and assistance in any of the following ways:
1) Meeting attendance.
2) Annual membership dues: $10 Single student $20 Family
3) Work a Bingo shift for ISPPO on a Monday evening at the Sacramento Bingo Center at Watt and Arden. Click HERE for additional informationISSPO receives $12 per hour (minimum 4 hours). Shifts begin at 4pm or 6pm, even through the summer!.ISSPO Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 6:30 - 8:00pm in the Mira Loma Library.
Meetings:Meets the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm in the Library.President: Laurie RosSecretary: Dora DuenasTreasurer: Elisa Rojas SotoMembership Chair: VacantAsst. Secretary: VacantParliamentarian: Dustin ClayFundraising Coordinator: Delores QuintanaBingo Coordinator: Imma De LunaCommunity Service Coordinator: Barbara SmithCommunications Coordinator: