Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
The San Juan Unified School District Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a Board of Education approved committee. The CAC includes parents, community members, and San Juan staff. The CAC comes together in true partnership in an effort to fully support all children with special needs and works with the San Juan District staff to advise the District and the Board of Education concerning services for students with special needs.
The CAC provides:
CAC Goals for the 21st Century
- To provide a gathering place for parents to establish collaborative partnerships.
- To build community awareness of children with special needs.
Special Education Department – Mission Statement
The San Juan Unified School District recognizes that many students are challenged by special needs and limitations in obtaining their education. It is the intention of the Special Education Department to support the district’s mission and goals for all children on behalf of those who are individuals with exceptional needs.
We believe that individuals with exceptional needs should be educated to the maximum extent possible in accordance with their individual capabilities and in a manner that enables them to strive for their fullest potential.Interested in becoming a CAC Member?Fill out a CAC Membership Application here: CAC Membership Application FormCommunity Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month - 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Location: Kenneth Avenue Annex, 4825 Kenneth Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608
- During stay-at-home health restrictions and social distancing guidelines, the San Juan Unified School District's Community Advisory Committee (CAC) intends to hold its meetings in an online format. Please visit this page for updates on how to access and participate in meetings.
ZOOM ONLINE MEETING PLATFORM
- Zoom is an online meeting platform that will be used by the San Juan Unified School District Community Advisory Committee during the current social distancing requirements. Those who wish to view the meeting will need an internet connection and device. Zoom is compatible with Windows and Apple computers, along with iPhones, iPads, Chromebooks, and Android devices. The device must have working speakers to hear the meeting. A working microphone on the devices is necessary for those who wish to give public comment via the Zoom platform.
- Please note that if Zoom is not currently installed on a computer or device, Zoom will ask to download a small app to the computer or device. Please accept the install to continue to the Zoom meeting. Zoom will only need to install the app the first time a computer or device is used with Zoom. Mobile device users can install the Zoom app prior to a meeting by visiting their app store. ZOOM Cloud Meetings is the name of the app.
- Attendees will be muted during the meeting unless making a comment during appropriate public comment periods.
HOW TO SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
- There are two ways you can submit public comments for a CAC meeting held via the Zoom platform. All comments are subject to a 2-minute limit, approximately 300 words for written comments submitted via e-mail.
- Submitted via email at any time to email@example.com. Comments submitted before 6 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be shared during the live meeting. Comments submitted after 6 p.m., including those submitted during the meeting may be read live during the meeting’s Public Comment portion. Comments may be submitted on an agenda item until that agenda item has been discussed. Please note that email delivery is dependent upon multiple providers systems and may sometimes experience short delays. Those wishing to offer comments via email are encouraged to submit their email as early as possible.
- If participating in the meeting via Zoom - use the "raise your hand" feature and share a comment via audio during the meeting. When the CAC President calls for public comment on an item, the meeting host will give instructions and invite participants who wish to speak to "raise their hand". The "raise hand" button can typically be found in the main toolbar at the bottom of the screen when using a mobile device or at the bottom of the participants' list when using a desktop or laptop device. You may need to click the "participants" button to display the participants’ list.
Those who raise their hand will be called on. Your microphone will be unmuted and you will be provided with up to two minutes to provide a comment.
- For help with translation or accessibility assistance, please contact the Special Education office at least 48 hours prior to our meeting time:
Email: Adara Gunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Remote Board Meetings.” San Juan Unified School District, School Board, SJUSD Site Admin., 14 May 2020, https://www.sanjuan.edu/Page/49724
May 4th, 2021
Adara Gunn is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: CAC Meeting
Time: May 4, 2021 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Mar 2, 2020 06:30 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 838 1095 8106
One tap mobile
+16692192599,,83810958106#,,,,,,0#,,906842# US (San Jose)
+16699009128,,83810958106#,,,,,,0#,,906842# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 219 2599 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 838 1095 8106
Find your local number: https://sanjuan.zoom.us/u/kcNfVmk1M
19-20 Agendas and Minutes