A Public Service Announcement (PSA) is a great tool to use when educating children/youth about a specific topic of discussion or to simply bring awareness to a group of people including parents, teachers, and administrators.Below are several PSAs that can be used as discussion starters and examples for students to create their own.
- Always preview the PSAs before showing them to assess for appropriateness for your specific students. The Suggested Grade Level is a guideline.
- Allow at least 5-10 minutes for discussion of each PSA, longer if time allows and students are engaged.
- Do not show PSAs without a discussion to follow up. Students may misconstrue the actual meaning and message behind the PSA without a discussion.
- Encourage students to share specific examples as they relate to the PSAs, however remind them that for privacy reasons, they should not use names or other identifiers.
- You may want to have students just think about some questions in their minds rather than share out.
Last Modified on August 29, 2016