Center-Based Early Head Start
All Center-Based Early Head Start locations operate from 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday-Friday.
Who is a Center-Based eligible family?
- Families with infants/toddlers under age 3
- Teen parents given priority
- Families who meet income/waiver eligibility requirements
- Families with a need (working, in school, etc...)
What does a Center-Based program offer a family?
- FREE quality child care; children are nurtured as they learn
- Nutritional meals for your child
- Parent meetings
- Child development education
- Support from a nurse and School Community Worker (home visits, resource referrals, goal planning, etc.)
- Mental Health services
- Services to special needs children
- Assistance with transition to preschool
Center-Based Early Head Start locations:
Encina Infant Toddler Center-1400 Bell Street, Sacramento
General Davie Toddler Center- 1500 Dom Way, Sacramento
Fair Oaks Infant Toddler Center- 10700 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Fair Oaks
Marvin Marshall Toddler Center- 5309 Kenneth Avenue, Carmichael
San Juan Infant Toddler Center- 7551 Greenback Lane, Citrus HeightsTo register a child in the Center-Based Early Head Start program, please fill out our Remote Inquiry for Enrollment Form or visit the registration office on the Marvin Marshall campus at 5309 Kenneth Avenue in Carmichael.
2022-2023 Center Closures for Staff Training/Home Visits/Holidays:Marvin Marshall and General Davie are closed for the summer.Home Visits will be scheduled for these two sites during the summer months.
Last Modified on September 16, 2022