How to clear an absence:
Leave a message on the 24 hour attendance line at: 971-7891 option 1
Or Email: PasteurAbsence@sanjuan.eduWhen reporting a student’s absence please leave the following information:
HOMEWORK REQUESTS -Make sure to have your child log into their Zangle account so that they can email their teachers for Homework assignments so that they do not fall behind while they are out
- Student’s full name
- Your name and relationship to student
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- Parents have 5 days to clear their child’s absence
- Absences not cleared within 5 school days become Truancies
- If a student misses 1 or more full periods a parent MUST make contact with the school to clear that student’s absence.
- If your child misses 1 or more periods a call home and email will be sent the night of that absence. If you are not receiving absence notifications please contact the attendance clerk
- Students are allowed 10 sick days per school year
- Under state law, an absence is considered “excused” only for these reasons: student illness, funeral for an immediate family member, a medical appointment for the student, observation of a religious holiday or ceremony, or a court appearance (documentation must be provided with student’s name on it)
- According to California State law, family emergencies are NOT considered an excusable absence, (e.g., car broke down, family member in hospital, etc.)
- Photo ID is required for all Early Dismissals. Person picking the student up MUST be listed as a contact on the student’s emergency card
- You may send your child to school with a note with the time of pick up for that day and we will have the student waiting in the attendance office at the time of pick up.
- A student may be put on an Independent Study Contract if they will be out of school for 5-10 school days.
- The school must be notified and the contract must be signed at LEAST 10 days prior to the student’s absence. Contact the attendance clerk for more information.
Last Modified on July 1, 2014