We encourage students, parents and community members to participate in School Site Council.
El Sereno is continually accepts nominations for our School Site Council (SSC) Committee. The SSC is an elected body composed of the principal, teachers, other school personnel, parents, and students. SSC committee members commit to a two year term.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES OF THE SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Work as a team with other advisory group representatives to develop the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) for our school consistent with San Juan Unified School District Governing Board’s Strategic Plan
- Recommend the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) to the local governing board for approval
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the SPSA
- Annually review and revise the plan and proposed expenditures of categorical funds
- Regularly attend scheduled SSC meetings
- Coordinate election process
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP AND CONSENT
If you are interested in serving on the School Site Council, please complete the request here or email to email@example.com
Questions? Please call: (916) 971-7163For El Sereno's School Site Council Bylaws please click here: SSC El Sereno Bylaws