Mrs. Cova E-3
firstname.lastname@example.org Grade Ambassador English & History7th Grade Ambassador English & World HistoryStudent Expectations for creating a successful Distant Learning Environment:
1. Create a work space for your student. We recommend that this space is where your student will participate in zoom meetings, complete classwork, and keep their supplies. Make sure to have a system for storing these supplies. It is important that students feel a sense of organization and structure.
2. Make sure your student has breakfast and is dressed in appropriate school attire to start their day (no pajamas, inappropriate logos, etc). This helps students approach their learning with the right mindset and brain fuel.
3. Allow plenty of time to login into Zoom calls each day. Allowing extra time assures that your student is ready to go for their learning. We will be sending out directions later about how to login to zoom through the portal.
4. Approaching this challenging situation with a positive mindset will help your student get the most out of our distance-learning program.
5. Unlike last year we will be taking attendance for each class period. It is important that your student attends the daily zoom calls. It is also required that your student complete all assignments. All assignments are worth points; these points calculate towards their academic grade for each course. We use traditional A-F grading.
6. Please make sure your contact information is updated in the portal. Email will be our primary form of communication with guardians. It is extremely important that your email is entered correctly.
This website is used as a welcome space, and not updated throughout the school year. Student Portal, Zoom, and Google Classroom will be the distance learning platform. Even though we will have ample time to discuss our assignments and curriculum during face-to-face Zoom calls, there may be questions that come up outside of our Bell Schedule.
If this occurs, please email me: email@example.com
During Distance Learning, students will be expected to log into Student Portal as if they were 'walking onto campus.' Joining our Zoom and opening up Google Classroom is like 'stepping into Room E-3.'
Last Modified on Wednesday at 10:04 AM