We will implement effective and innovative instructional strategies and assessments, tied to the Common Core Standards, that will integrate technology, the arts, and enrichment opportunities to engage and increase achievement.
- Implement literacy practices and varied and authentic assessment measures within and across content areas as the foundation for teaching and learning based on the Common Core State Standards.
- Implement evidence-based instructional practices that differentiate and personalize authentic learning choices and opportunities for all students.
- Ensure collaboration and integration of visual and performing arts in curriculum and instruction to enrich student learning.
- Integrate appropriate technological tools and resources to support frequent and regular access and effective instruction and learning.
- Ensure student access to extra-curricular activities and enrichment opportunities both during and after the school day.
Tactic 2 ~ Character Education
We will implement a character education system that develops individual responsibility, global thinkers, and empathetic citizens.
- Implement a character education program that promotes individual ownership and responsibility for all members of the school.
- Increase opportunities for all students to be involved in school activities that help students connect with school.
- Increase student-initiated opportunities, in a phase-in model, for all students to be involved in activities that impact the community both locally and globally.
Tactic 3~Community Involvement
We will actively engage our families and community members as valued and collaborative partners in the educational process.
- Implement an effective two-way communication system that is transparent and timely to support a collaborative learning community.
- Implement a parent-training program to increase parent participation in and out of the classroom to support student achievement in and around the Common Core State Standards.
- Increase the opportunities for LeGette and our community to work together to support student learning and growth.