Tactic 1We will utilize effective, innovative instructional strategies, data analysis, and technology to increase student achievement.
- Implement comprehensive, balanced curricula to include: Literacy, Math, Science, and Social Studies, beginning with Literacy.
- Implement best practices of Project Based Learning to increase student achievement.
- Implement a professional development plan that supports teachers’ technological proficiency.
- Utilize data analysis to inform best instructional practices.
Tactic 2We will celebrate and foster all aspects of our richly diverse community.
- Provide multiple opportunities for a variety of culturally enriching experiences.
- Utilize web pages and newsletters to provide resources and information regarding cultural diversity and disabilities to all members of the Skycrest community.
- Increase student, parent, and staff awareness of various disabilities and how these disabilities influence our school community.
Tactic 3We will model and promote positive character traits.
- Provide opportunities for each student to develop and demonstrate Skycrest character traits.
- Implement a specific character education curriculum in every classroom to teach monthly character traits with support from the counselor.
- Implement a unified school-wide character education program.
- Implement grade level appropriate service projects within the school or community that reflect our identified character traits.
Tactic 4We will actively engage families and the community as valued partners in the education process.
- Create a Parent Resource Center (PRC) to establish systems for two-way communication and feedback.
- Implement a trained group of classroom volunteers that will be trained, regularly scheduled, and acknowledged in support of student learning.
- Expand Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) to ensure sufficient resources and creatively make effective use of fundraising, coordination of school activities, provide room parents, and strengthen home/school communication.
- Cultivate opportunities for community partnership, both financial and hands-on engagement, to make Skycrest an integral part of the community.
Tactic 5We will actively promote Skycrest as a school of academic excellence, positive character traits, and diversity.
- Improve information provided about Skycrest Elementary to the local and global community.
- Provide opportunities for students to promote Skycrest Elementary as a diverse and caring community.
- Expand Skycrest Elementary’s image in the local community by increasing school-business relationships.
Last Modified on June 2, 2014