Tactic #1:We will promote a community of life-long learners who self-evaluate, set goals and strive for constant improvement to foster accountable, responsible citizenship.
- Implement a character education program in which students are recognized for exhibiting positive character traits.
- Develop and implement a system for students to set and reflect on challenging citizenship goals and monitor/evaluate their citizenship progress and performance on a short and long-term basis.
- Develop and implement a system for student to set and reflect on challenging personal academic goals and monitor/evaluate their academic progress and performance on a short and long-term basis.
Tactic #2We will actively engage families and the community to support and participate in a collaborative learning environment that promotes student access.
- Actively promote involvement and foster support for family and school events.
- Expand and strengthen our communication with our parents and community through the use of current and relevant methods.
- Actively promote community involvement by not limiting their participation to what they can do for us, but by promoting what we can do for the community as well.
Tactic #3We will ensure all staff implement effective instructional strategies, immerse students in “rich” text and effectively engage students in meaningful, rigorous discussions to increase acquisition of 21st century skills.
- Implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) to build 21st century skills to ensure student success.
- Utilize the workshop model to implement the components of Comprehensive Literacy in alignment with Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Implement effective instructional strategies with the integration of technology in alignment with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Last Modified on June 3, 2014