Mira Loma High School
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Each California Public School from Kindergarten through grade 12, with 21 or more English learners must form a functional English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). The ELAC is a committee for parents or other community members who want to advocate for English Learners.
Major FunctionThe purpose of the ELAC is to advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English learners and the SSC on the development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement. The ELAC also assists the school on other tasks listed below:
TaskThe committee advises and assists the school principal, staff, and School Site Council (SSC) as follows:
- The school’s program for English learners.
- The development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- The school’s needs assessment.
- The school’s annual language census (R-30 LC Report).
- Efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
Mira Loma 2020/21 ELAC Schedule:
ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) meeting Dates:
September 22nd, 6:00 - 8:00 pm,
December 8th, 6:00 -8:00 pm,
February 9th, 6:00 -8:00 pm,
April 13th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm.
For more information, please contact Lynne Tracy by clicking here!