• CTE (Career Technical Education), was formally ROP. Please click on this link to view more information.

    What is CTE/ROP?
    Career Technical Education (CTE) is a program of study that involves a multi-year sequence of courses that integrates core academic knowledge with technical and occupational knowledge to provide students with a pathway to post-secondary education and careers. Typical CTE programs are California Partnership Academics (CPA) and regional Occupational Programs (ROP).
    Who can take CTE/ROP?
    High school juniors and seniors may enroll in this program.  Programs generally are yearlong although a single semester may be possible. Enrollment is on a first-come, first serve basis with seniors having priority over juniors regardless of race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, marital or parental status, gender or disability.
    What kind of credit do I earn?
    As an ROP student, you earn 5, 7.5, 10, or 15 elective credits (depending on the class and hours) just as you would if you were taking three traditional schedule classes on campus.  Many classes are articulated with local colleges, which means you can earn high school credits and college credits simultaneously.
    Where are ROP classes held?
    The ROP classes are held at various high schools throughout SJUSD and Sacramento County.  After an initial training phase, you will be placed at a community training site (i.e., a local business) in a paid internship position. 
    Does ROP have a record of success?
    YES!  There are former CTE/ROP students in our community who are teachers, lawyers, doctors, accountants, bankers, chefs, entrepreneurs, engineers, computer techs, mechanics, law enforcement offices, vet techs, etc.
    Will ROP help me get a job?
    ROP instructors and ROP career technicians work together to provide job placement assistance.  When you complete an ROP class, you receive a job skills certificate.  This can be used along with the resume you have developed to apply for jobs.
    What if I already have a job?
    You can still sign up for an CTE/ROP class that is related to your employment. You will earn7.5, 10 or 15 elective credits for working a minimum of 10-15 hours during the school week and attending required class time. 
    How do I sign up for this program?
    Speak to your counselor about CTE courses. 
    Additional information, can be found on this link.
Last Modified on March 18, 2020