Use of Facilities Requests



    Updated: 1/22/2021

    Click here to download a COVID-19 Addendum

    Use of Facilities (indoor use) in San Juan Unified are closed indefinitely in accordance with the San Juan Unified School District's health and safety closure to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We are currently working on a plan to have students at school and the ability to have athletics. Once we have our sites back up and running we will work on a plan to open our sites to outside groups.

    Outdoor use; is open with limited access. If you are interested in using our site outdoors contact us at Please attach a COVID plan and email us with details of the type of event you are interested in having and include the location. 



    San Juan Unified School District welcomes community members, groups and organizations to use our facilities for athletic events, fundraisers, neighborhood meetings and more. 
  • Submitting a Permit Checklist:

    (Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to use)
    1. Visit our Civic Permits website
    2. Take a few minutes to create an account or sign in
    3. Easily locate a school site and the facility you would like to reserve for your group
    4. Make a reservation request and staff will review and respond to your request
    5. Upload COVID amendment
    6. Upload insurance
    7. Upload lifeguard certificate (if required)
    8. Upload food safety handlers certificate (if required)
    9. Upload vendor insurance (if required)
    10. Pay invoice (once paid permit will be approved)

    Insurance Requirements 

    • A Certificate of Insurance naming San Juan Unified School District as the certificate holder and include the address 3738 Walnut Ave, Carmichael CA. 95608
    • An Additional Insured Endorsement Page naming San Juan Unified School District as the additionally insured
    • the insurance certificate shall provide evidence of professional and/or general liability insurance coverage in a sum not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence

    Vendor Insurance

    • Vendors shall be responsible for carrying their own workers' compensation insurance and health and welfare insurance
    • All vendors must provide insurance and be uploaded by the permit requestor
    • Vendors operating out of a vehicle must have vehicle insurance (vendors operating out of food trucks)


    San Juan Unified maintains reasonable fees for facility use and processing. Payment is required prior to use. Please make check or money orders out to SJUSD and mail or walk-in deliver to:

    SJUSD Facilities Business Department
    5320 Hemlock Street
    Sacramento, CA 95841 

Civic Permits Tutorial


  • Questions regarding facility use should be directed to:

    Civic Permits

    (916) 971-5790
    After Hours
    (Weekends and after 4 p.m. on weekdays)
    (916) 971-7000

*New Handbook

  • The Board of Education adopted a new 2020 Use of School Facilities and Grounds Handbook on Oct. 13, 2020