6th GRADE SUGGESTED SUPPLY LIST for 2018-2019
Please note that students have limited storage space in their desks. The following suggested list of supplies has been created after a meeting of the minds of all three 6th grade teachers with a combined 70+ years of teaching/organizational trial and error. PLEASE buy only the items on the list. LABEL EVERYTHING!!
THIS YEAR WE WILL NOT BE USING A BINDER.
All materials should be durable and of high quality for they need to last all year.
1” Binder (clear view) - For a history project, buy before school starts, when they’re on sale, & we’ll store it for you!
PLEASE INVEST IN HIGH QUALITY POLY/PLASTIC FOLDERS & NOTEBOOK
- 1 Single Subject Spiral Notebooks- 120 pgs (GRAPH paper)
- 5 Two-Pocket Folders (no prong fasteners inside, COLORS, Yellow, Blue, Red, Green and Free Choice)
- 2 Pencil Bags (one for art supplies, one for pencils, erasers, sharpener, etc)
For all of the above, we highly recommend the Mead/Five Star Brand
as they have proven to be most durable.
- Backpack (NO WHEELS for Mr. Corcoran’s class)
Please note that every student will need these items at school daily. Extras may be collected for group supply boxes. Please purchase additional items as back-up for when they run out or lose supplies. Keep back-up supplies for students at home to replenish as needed. If you can, we’d appreciate donations of the above items to help furnish them for students who may need them.
- Colored Pencils (12 count) 1 Ruler cm/in 2 Large glue sticks
- 1 Pair of scissors (adult size) 2 ultra fine point sharpies 2 fine point sharpies
- 1 large eraser 2 Red Pens Highlighter
- Handheld pencil sharpener w/ shavings receptacle (THIS IS A MUST...please get a good one that will not fall apart, accidentally open and spill, etc.)
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Set of pens for note taking(red, blue, black & green); ballpoint or ultra fine felt - Flair Pens by Paper Mate recommended
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Dry line white out (very handy for taking notes in math and art projects)
ALL STUDENTS PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING:
Box of Facial Tissue Gallon Sized Zip Closure Baggies
Disinfectant Wipes (Lysol/Clorox type) Baby Wipes
#2 Pencils (sharpened)
FOR AT HOME USE – Make a schoolwork toolkit
Colored Pencils Crayons
Glue Sticks Pair of scissors (adult size)
Sticky Notes Pencil top erasers
Fine point sharpies Highlighters
Ultra fine point sharpies Large eraser
Ruler cm/in 1 Protractor
**Please contact your child’s teacher immediately if you need help with getting the supplies noted above.