Upcoming Events in Sacramento
January 22-February 23: Cirque du Soleil
Sutter Health Park (Raley Field)
Friday, January 24-?: Les Misérables by Ladj Ly playing at the Tower Theatre
- Les Miserables, Ladj Ly's first feature film, won the Jury Prize at the latest Cannes Film Festival, and is nominated for a 2020 Oscar in the Best International Feature Film Category. It deals with the universal issues of police violence, injustice and integration. It was one of the most talked about films released last year in France.
- Please join the Sacramento French Film Festival this Friday, January 24 for the 7:15pm screening. The movie will be followed by a Q&A with le Professeur Kevin Elstob!
- If you cannot make it on Friday, the film will play all week at the Tower Theatre. Showtimes: 11:15am - 1:45pm - 4:30pm - 7:15pm
January 29 - February 1: The Imaginary Invalid
- “The Imaginary Invalid” by Moliere will be playing Wednesday, January 29th–Saturday February 1st at 7:30PM in the Betty Miller Theater, Rio Americano High School.
- Tickets will be $8 for students and $10 for adults and can be bought at the door or in the Finance Office. Hope to see you there!
January 30 - February 1: An American in Paris
Harris Center (Folsom)
Thursday, February 27: Sacramento French Film Festival Winter Shorts Fest at the Tower Theatre
13th Winter Shorts Fest, featuring the César-nominated short films, on Thursday, February 27 @ 7pm! The 2020 César Ceremony will take place the following day, on Friday, February 28.
Saturday, March 21: French Immersion Day
Oak Ridge High School (El Dorado Hills)
Activities, games, songs, prizes, food! French 1-AP students are all welcome.
VolksWaffle food truck will provide fresh Liège waffles.
Please RSVP to Mrs. Montas by February 10. Cost: $7.50-$8.50
Check out the Alliance Française's website to see more upcoming events in the Sacramento area.
Other French or Francophone things to do in the Sacramento area:
- The Alliance Française de Sacramento (monthly movie nights, conversation groups, and other events)
- Sacramento French Film Festival (events held in February, October, and June at the Crest Theater)
- The Sacramento French Language Meetup Group (weekly conversation group)
- Club Français de Sacramento (pétanque club)
- Danielle’s Creperie – 3535 Fair Oaks Blvd
- Casablanca Moroccan Restaurant – 3516 Fair Oaks Blvd
- Brasserie Capitale – 1201 K St
- Café à Côté – 1201 K St
- La Bonne Soupe – 980 9th St
- Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant – 1833 Fulton Ave
- La Provence – 110 Diamond Creek Pl, Roseville
- Plan B
- 555 La Sierra Dr
- 1226 20th St
- Estelle Bakery Patisserie
- 2530 Arden Way
- 650 David J Stern Walk (DOCO)
- Célestin’s Restaurant (Caribbean food) – 3610 McKinley Blvd
Last Modified on January 23, 2020