Ideas for reinforcing numbers at home:
1. Count to 100 by ones, fives, and tens.
2. Count backwards from 20.
3. Count “sets” of objects in your house (for example all the chairs, shoes, spoons, windows, doors, etc.).
4. Find patterns.
5. Compare quantities: which has more, less (or fewer), or equal amounts.
6. Write numerals. Please help your child write numbers to ten, all numbers begin at the top line.
7. Parent claps a set number of times, child listens and then writes the numeral that stands for the number of claps.
8. Reinforce ordinal numbers: first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth