Field Trip Volunteer Paperwork Requirements:If you plan on attending field trips, please update and complete our district requirements ASAP. Only adults who have followed these procedures and have made arrangements with the teachers, may attend field trips.
Notifications of and sign-ups for field trip volunteer openings, will be done through Shutterfly.
Volunteers who wish to attend, need to meet the paperwork requirement deadlines.
At times, drivers are selected based on the number of students they are able to transport.
Some of our field trips can only take a limited number of drivers, due to limitations placed on us by the site being visited.
Every effort is made to include as many volunteers as possible.
It's because of parent volunteers, that students are able to enrich our science and social studies units and learning experiences.
We could not take field trips without you. Many thanks!!
- Every driving adult volunteer needs to complete four necessary steps to insure the safety of our students._____________________________________________________________________
Visit the Twin Lakes office for information
San Juan Unified has an automated volunteer fingerprinting appointment process.
You must have the correct paperwork and school site signatures with you. Please visit our office for paperwork and signature(s) before making the appointment.
A fingerprint background check is required prior to volunteering in classrooms with San Juan Unified. Interested volunteers can now visit www.sanjuan.edu/fingerprinting to schedule a fingerprinting appointment at the district office, located at 3738 Walnut Ave. in Carmichael.
Fingerprinting appointments are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Appointments are scheduled in 10-minute increments. Be sure to bring your school site paperwork with signature(s) to Human Resources during the fingerprinting appointment._____________________________________________________________________
• Copy of current CA ID with expiration date visible
• Turn into the office
Current Insurance Declaration Page:
• most policies are updated every six months, that means your declaration needs to be updated as needed, with a new current copy sent to the office
~probably every six months
~even continuous renewal schedules include current dates that the office needs a copy of
• Required minimum coverage:
$100,000 for injury
$25,000 for property
District Volunteer Personal Use Form:
•This needs to be completed and turned into the office every year, regardless if it was done the year before.
• It is district policy that before we can approve a person to drive, this form and information must be turned into the school office at least fifteen (15) days before you transport SJUSD students.
• pick up outside of the office in the informational paperwork display or download here-
District Volunteer Personal Use Form