My Home Page » spanish 3 syllabus 2018
spanish 3 syllabus 2019
Welcome to Spanish 3. This year we will be using the text entitled Avancemos. The text contains an organized presentation of language structure,and vocabulary as well as valuable activities which will help us to use the language. Our goal is to improve our interpretive, interpersonal and presentational skills in the Spanish language. Students will develop their skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking in the Spanish language.The main goal is "communication," "knowing how, when and why to say what to whom." In order to work toward these goals we must have class rules and procedures which will allow us to work efficiently. Spanish is spoken 99% of the time in this class. The use of English is limited to situations where communication breaks down in spite of all attempts in Spanish. This includes talking to classmates. This will be reflected on the PARTICIPATION grade.
1. All students will be in class on time ready to work.
2. Every student is responsible to bring paper, pen or pencil, a spiral or regular notebook for taking notes and class texts.
3. No radios, i pods, telephones, or other devices that cause distraction.This rule is enforced with referrals especially with cell phones
4. No food, drink, or gum is allowed in class. (you may bring water).
5. No late homework is accepted unless there is an excused absence. No late homework is accepted the last 2 weeks of the semester.
6. Cheating will result in a zero for that test or quiz as well as other consequences noted in the school integrity policy.
7. STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO MAKE UP TESTS MISSED DUE TO AN EXCUSED ABSENCE. This must be done in a timely fashion. Students may receive a test different from the rest of the class. Tests will be made up the day after the absence unless there has been a prolonged absence.
8. Students will show respect for the school, teacher, subject matter and each other. Behavior that disrupts the class and learning environment will not be tolerated.
9. Homework is very important.
10. The wearing of OHIO STATE shirts,sweatshirts and hats is frowned upon in my class.
11. All other Rio Americano school rules will be enforced.
There is no curve. This is a mastery course and you will be graded on your mastery of the material presented. Grades are as follows:
100 to 90 A 89 to 80 B 79 to 70 C 69 to 60 D 59 to 00 F
Your grade will be figured as follows: 70% test, quiz, orals ,projects
10% participation (SPEAKING IN SPANISH IN CLASS IS IMPORTANT. NOT TRYING AND ONLY SPEAKING
ENGLISH WILL DECREASE PARTICIPATION SCORE.YOU MUST TRY. I WILL FURTHER EXPLAIN
THESE RULES IN CLASS.)
I keep a running grade. The grades are updated weekly in Q. If you need I can fill out a grade check form, but only once a week. If at any time you feel lost please see me and I will find you help. I want to see you succed.