The mission of Ninth Grade Freshman Seminar Program is to foster a sense of community, develop positive communication, promote good character traits and learn skills and habits that will help our students become productive citizens in High School and beyond. During this course we strive to achieve the following goals:
1. To provide a safe environment in which students can learn how to interact in a positive way.
2. To provide all Ninth Grade students with a trusted advocate and a positive adult role model.
3. To increase the self-efficacy of every student.
4. To help students come to school “Ready to Learn”. This refers to both motivation and access to resources/supports.
5. To teach students academic skills they will need to succeed at Del Campo High School.