Our math class will soon begin studying the unit entitled “The Number System.”
This unit addresses important California Common Core Standards in the Critical Areas of
applying understanding of operations to rational numbers and solving problems involving
Domain 7.NS The Number System
Cluster Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
The unit also supports additional standards.
Domain 7.EE Expressions and Equations
Cluster Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic
expressions and equations.Our study of this unit focuses on the essential questions listed below:Unit 1: The Number System
• How do you add integers with the same sign?
• How do you add integers with different signs?
• How do you subtract integers?
• How do you solve multistep problems involving addition and subtraction of integers?
• How do you multiply integers?
• How do you divide integers?
• How can you use integer operations to solve real-world problems?
• How can you convert a rational number to a decimal?
• How can you add rational numbers?
• How do you subtract rational numbers?
• How do you multiply rational numbers?
• How do you divide rational numbers?
• How do you use different forms of rational numbers and strategically choose tools to
solve problems?Thank you for your time and interest. Your participation in your student’s education is a sure way
to encourage learning!Please use this link: video tutorials if help is needed in completing homework.
Last Modified on August 20, 2015