BOLT Music - Music and Oral Language
Concept: Newcomer students will receive one half hour of language arts and one half hour of music instruction on Fridays after school. They will learn songs, chants and to play drums while focusing on vocabulary development and vocal production.
Main Objective: To increase oral language and vocabulary of newcomer students through chants, songs and drumming.
This program includes an optional home visit with families.
- Introduce new arrivals to some USA customs, cultures and music.
- Help students connect with and appreciate their own musical roots.
- Promote a sense of community and camaraderie among students.
- Provide students with a creative outlet to channel their energy.
- Collaborate with students, families and staff.
- Provide students with a safe environment and a means by which to express themselves while they are developing their language skills.
Last Modified on October 3, 2017