Public ParticipationThe board welcomes your comments in person (at board meetings), in writing, and by telephone. In addition, there are Board Advisory Committees that are open to the public.
Speaking to the BoardPublic comments are welcome at board meetings. Each agenda allows time for visitor comments at the beginning of the meeting, as well as during consideration of specific agenda items. Pursuant to Board Bylaw 9323, comments are limited to two minutes per individual and 30 minutes per agenda item to allow equal access and allow time for board discussion and action on items.Public comment at special meetings of the board is limited to comments specific to items on that meeting's agenda. Comments on non-agendaized topics can be addressed at the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
Writing to the BoardThe board welcomes your comments in writing. You can email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your letters addressed to:Board of EducationSan Juan Unified School District3738 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael, California 95608P.O. Box 477, Carmichael, California 95609-0477
Calling the BoardMessages for the board may be left with the board assistant, Stephanie Cunningham, at (916) 971-7111.
Board Advisory CommitteesThe board establishes volunteer public advisory committees as needed. These committees hold regular meetings that are open to the public. The committees discuss issues referred by the board and make recommendations to the board. The current board advisory committees are:
- Facilities - Review and advise the Board of Education on district facilities.
There are also Community Advisory Committees that advise the board.The San Juan Unified School District has occasional openings on the following board advisory committees:
- Citizens Oversight Committee - Oversees the expenditures and activities related to school bonds.
- Curriculum, Standards, and Instructional & Student Services - Review and make recommendations to the Board of Education on educational programs, projects, standards and assessments; graduation and course retirements; textbook adoptions; and policies on student behavior and discipline.
- Citizens Oversight
- Curriculum and Standards
- Parents and community members are encouraged to apply.
- Please fill out and return the appropriate application(s). Instructions are on the application.
- Interested candidates may contact the Board of Education Office at 916-971-7111 for more information.
- Board Advisory Committee Application
- Citizen's Oversight Committee
Last Modified on July 28, 2022