Public ParticipationThe board welcomes your comments in person (at board meetings), in writing, and by telephone. In addition, there are Board Advisory Committees that are open to the public.
Speaking to the BoardPublic comments are welcome at board meetings. Each agenda allows time for visitor comments at the beginning of the meeting, as well as during consideration of specific agenda items. To give everyone a chance to be heard, comments must be limited to two minutes pursuant to Board Bylaws 9323.To speak to the board, you must fill out a "Request to Address the Board of Education" card, which is available at each meeting. This card will be given to the board president. You will be called at the appropriate time.
Writing to the BoardThe board welcomes your comments in writing. You can email the board at email@example.com, or mail your letters addressed to:Board of EducationSan Juan Unified School District3738 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael, California 95608P.O. Box 477, Carmichael, California 95609-0477
Calling the BoardMessages for the board may be left with the board assistant, Stephanie Cunningham, at (916) 971-7111.
Board Advisory CommitteesThe board establishes volunteer public advisory committees as needed. These committees hold regular meetings that are open to the public. The committees discuss issues referred by the board and make recommendations to the board. The current board advisory committees are:
- Facilities - Review and advise the Board of Education on district facilities.
There are also Community Advisory Committees that advise the board.The San Juan Unified School District has occasional openings on the following board advisory committees:
- Citizens Oversight Committee - Oversees the expenditures and activities related to school bonds.
- Curriculum, Standards, and Instructional & Student Services - Review and make recommendations to the Board of Education on educational programs, projects, standards and assessments; graduation and course retirements; textbook adoptions; and policies on student behavior and discipline.
- Citizens Oversight
- Curriculum and Standards
- Parents and community members are encouraged to apply.
- Please fill out and return the appropriate application(s). Instructions are on the application.
- Interested candidates may contact the Board of Education Office at 916-971-7111 for more information.
- Board Advisory Committee Application
- Citizen's Oversight Committee
Last Modified on November 1, 2018