Camp Invention Summer Program 2020
Camp Invention is a free program where students will work at home. This program is a unique STEM, enrichment camp opportunity where your student will get to explore a different STEM unit each week. They will work independently at home, with direct access to a troubleshooting line, as necessary. We look forward to an exciting summer!
July 6 – July 31, 2020
For current 2nd - 5th grade students at Title I Schools.
2020 Camp Invention projects include:
Camp Invention Flight Lab™
Children explore the principles of flight with the help of their very own robots. Innovation takes off as children engage in hands-on, high-flying challenges and inspiring experiments. Participants will:
- Discover flight concepts using paper planes, gliders, rockets, heliballs and hand-copters.
- Design and build a cityscape using upcycled materials.
- Tap into their natural curiosity as they control and take apart a flight simulation robot.
Design Thinking Project™
Children gain confidence as they express their unique ideas and learn the value of their creativity. By applying an inventor-informed Design Thinking Process, children are empowered to take their ideas to market and protect their intellectual property. Participants will:
- Collaborate, brainstorm and find inspiration to solve real-world problems.
- Sketch their ideas, build prototypes and design their logos.
- Learn how to protect their work and promote their products while exercising their rights as creators.
Children team up to protect the Earth’s ecosystems! As they’re introduced to real-world challenges in habitats across the country, children build prototypes, explore energy conservation, eliminate pollution and help wildlife. Participants will:
- Enjoy exciting competition with zipline races and recycling games.
- Learn how parachutes are used to safely transport animals.
- Experiment to clean up polluted water and protect vulnerable habitats.
Camp Invention Champions™
Children discover the game-changing inventors behind their favorite sports. By applying creative problem-solving skills and using inspiration from these great inventors, they develop their own games, equipment and sports facilities. Participants will:
- Create and play their own high-energy hover ball games.
- Trade inventor playing cards to assemble their own “Innovation Dream Team.”
- Design and build the ultimate sports complex.
2020 Language and Literacy Instruction Includes:
- Repeated Interactive Read Aloud
- Daily Journals
- Charts and Graphic Organizers
- Literacy Games
For more information, please contact Jennifer Lancaster at