El Sereno Enrollment Process
Students do not enroll directly to El Sereno High School, but rather transfer to us from their SJUSD high school.
- As this is a TRANSFER request it is El Sereno’s policy that there be no gap of enrollment between the transferring high school and El Sereno. Students must be enrolled in and attending a SJUSD school to be eligible to transfer to El Sereno. If a student drops prior to the transfer and are no longer enrolled with SJUSD it may cause the transfer to be denied.
- Faxing the Application does not guarantee placement at El Sereno.
The process begins at the student's current SJUSD high school:
If students are not currently enrolled in a SJUSD High School, they must enroll at San Juan Central. Click here for the SJUSD Enrollment home page.
- Student and parent/guardian will meet with their current high school counselor indicating that they would like to transfer to El Sereno.
- If appropriate, counselor, student, and parent/guardian will fill out the Voluntary Transfer Application, counselor will fax form to El Sereno.
- El Sereno counselor reviews application with transcript and approves/denies as appropriate, contacting counselor, parent/guardian as needed.
- Parent/guardian will be contacted by El Sereno staff to set up an orientation appointment.
For those already contacted by El Sereno and have an Orientation date and time,Things to remember:
- Check out from your home school the day before your orientation appointment. Make sure to collect the check-out/withdrawal form as this is required to be brought to your El Sereno Orientation.
- Parent/guardian attendance is mandatory unless the student is over 18 years of age.
- Students will need to be in dress code as their student ID picture will be taken at Orientation.
- If mapping to our location please use our full address, 10700 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks, CA 95628, as some mapping services have difficulty finding our location by name.
Last Modified on January 27, 2017