El Sereno Enrollment Process 6-12th grades
Students do not enroll directly to El Sereno Independent Study, but rather transfer to us from their SJUSD school.
Please download this pdf application and work with your school counselor to complete and submit: El Sereno Transfer Application
- As this is a TRANSFER request, it is El Sereno’s policy that there be no gap of enrollment between the transferring school and El Sereno. Students must be enrolled in and attending a SJUSD school to be eligible to transfer to El Sereno. If a student drops prior to the transfer and are no longer enrolled with SJUSD it may cause the transfer to be denied.
- Faxing/emailing the Application does not guarantee placement at El Sereno.
The process begins at the student's current SJUSD school:
If students are not currently enrolled in a SJUSD School, they must enroll at San Juan Central. Click here for the SJUSD Enrollment home page.Things to remember:
- Student and parent/guardian will meet with their current school counselor indicating that they would like to transfer to El Sereno.
- If family decides, counselor, student, and parent/guardian will fill out the Voluntary Transfer Application, counselor will email the form to El Sereno.
- El Sereno counselor reviews application with transcript and may provide feedback as appropriate, contacting counselor, parent/guardian as needed.
- Parent/guardian will be contacted by El Sereno staff to set up an orientation appointment. Our orientations general take place every Thursday.
- Make sure all your paperwork to enroll has been completed before Orienation. These must be complete before attending.
- Parent/guardian attendance is mandatory unless the student is over 18 years of age.
- Our Orientation will take place online via Zoom - please make sure you have a free zoom account already in place or use the student's zoom account to login.
- If mapping to our location please use our full address, 10700 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks, CA 95628, as some mapping services have difficulty finding our location by name.
Last Modified on August 18, 2021