Seniors: Going to college or vocation school in the fall? Want an extra $500? The Rio PTSA is awarding up to six Rio seniors with $500 scholarships. Applications are available HERE or in the counseling office . Deadline to apply is April 28, 2016. When applying, students need to be a member of Rio PTSA, have a 2.5 GPA or better and received no less than a B in citizenship. Not a PTSA member? Click HERE to Join today. Questions… contact Laurie Baker at email@example.com
PTSA GRADUATING SCHOLARSHIP FOR
Sponsored by the Rio Americano PTSA
Terms of the Scholarship
2015 – 2016
Up to six $500 scholarships will be awarded to graduating Rio Americano seniors.
· Applicants must have an overall academic grade point average of 2.5 or better.
· A transcript must be submitted with the application.
· Applicants must have no lower than a B in citizenship throughout his/her four years at Rio Americano.
· Seniors must be attending college or vocational school in the year in which the scholarship is given.
· The applicant must be a Rio PTSA member or must become a member before applying (if there is a need for financial support, please contact the counselors).
· Each applicant is required to write a brief essay on the following topic:
Who at Rio Americano High School (teacher, coach, friend, etc.) has been your biggest influence and why? Essays are not to exceed 200 words.
· Submit application, essay and transcript in sealed envelope clearly labeled PTSA Scholarship to the counseling office.
· The name on the transcript will be removed upon submission.
· PTSA will pay for the transcript.
· All names will be removed from the scholarship applications to ensure fairness to all students in the selection process.
· A PTSA Scholarship Committee will make the selections.
· Each application will be evaluated on the essay, the student’s citizenship, participation in extracurricular activities, and other information requested in the application.
Application Due Date:
· Applications are due to the Counseling Office by Thursday, April 28, 2016.
· The recipients will be announced at Senior Awards Night, May 18, 2016.
· Per IRS regulations, all recipients will provide current home address.