Hopes & Concerns for Fall 2020 - Results available now!We asked students, parents/guardians, families, staff members and community what their hopes and concerns were for the 2020-2021 school year. More than 3,700 responded to share their thoughts or rate the ideas shared by others. Check out the results.
Safety and security - Results available now!
Our district community recently took part in a ThoughtExchange conversation about school safety and security. Through this process, more than 1,500 people shared nearly 1,600 thoughts and assigned more than 44,000 ratings. We greatly appreciate all of your input and now we want to share the results with you.
By visiting www.sanjuan.edu/safetyresults, you can learn about the top priorities related to safety and security in our district, as well as learn about the next steps that our district will take based on these priorities.
Graduation requirements - Results to be shared this spring
San Juan Unified conducted a Thoughtexchange process for district parents/guardians seeking feedback on the changes that have been made to graduation requirements, starting with the Class of 2023.
The new requirements will ensure that today’s elementary and middle school students will graduate ready for college or career. The requirements will match most university admission guidelines, as well as local business needs, and will go into effect in 2023. Your input will help guide plans to support our San Juan Unified students to graduation and beyond.
Welcoming schools - Results available now!San Juan Unified conducted a Thoughtexchange process for district parents/guardians seeking feedback on what makes schools and the district welcoming, to help inform the district's welcoming schools guidelines. A total of 540 people participated, sharing 669 thoughts and providing more than 9,000 thoughts. Click here to see all of the thoughts shared.
Student voice - Results available now!San Juan Unified conducted a Thoughtexchange process seeking feedback from students about their experiences at school. A total of 5,178 students participated, sharing 14,952 thoughts and assigning 150,749 ratings. Click here to see the results.
School year calendar - Results available now!
San Juan Unified conducted a Thoughtexchange process seeking feedback on future school year calendars (2019-2020 and later). A total of 4,844 people participated, sharing 9,749 thoughts and assigning 218,464 stars. Click here to see all of the thoughts shared and how they were starred at the district level as well as individual school level.
LCAP process - Results available now!San Juan Unified conducted a Thoughtexchange process seeking feedback for our Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP). A total of 3,039 people participated, sharing 5,957 thoughts and assigning 200,510 stars. Click here to explore the results, available in English and Spanish.
Middle and High School Start Time - Results available now!
San Juan Unified conducted its first Thoughtexchange process on the topic of middle and high school start times in April and May of 2016. More than 7,300 participants shared 11,000+ thoughts and assigned more than 280,000 stars! Click here to see all of the thoughts shared and how they were starred at the district level as well as individual school level.
About ThoughexchangeSan Juan Unified is partnering with Thoughtexchange to improve the district’s collection of feedback on several key issues.
Thoughtexchange uses a unique process for collecting input in a way that is convenient for stakeholders and then analyzing the data to determine common themes and priorities for those stakeholders.
The Thoughtexchange process has three steps:
- SHARE: Participants will be invited via email to participate in the process. If they accept the invitation, they will be given background information and then asked to answer open-ended questions regarding the main topic. They may share as many thoughts as desired in response to each question. Participants will remain anonymous but thoughts later will be shared publicly.
- STAR: After Thoughtexchange staff members have moderated the feedback to take out anything offensive or inappropriate, participants will be invited to review their thoughts and those of others before being asked to “star” ideas that resonate with them the most.
- DISCOVER: Staff members from Thoughtexchange will analyze the results of the “star” ranking process to identify common themes and popular ideas. A public report will be prepared that anonymously lays out all thoughts shared and the results of the “star” ranking process.
Each Thoughtexchange process that involves seeking input from families or community members will be conducted in English and in Spanish. Alternative input processes that provide the opportunity to share thoughts will be made available to members of other language groups.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Juan se ha asociado con Thoughtexchange para mejorar la recolección de opiniones de varias cuestiones clave.
Thoughtexchange utiliza un proceso único para recaudar información de una manera que es conveniente para los grupos de interés y luego analiza los datos para determinar los temas y prioridades comunes para los involucrados.
El proceso Thoughtexchange tiene tres pasos:
- COMPARTIR: Los participantes serán invitados por correo electrónico para participar en el proceso. Si aceptan la invitación, se les dará información de fondo y después se les pedirá que respondan a preguntas abiertas en relación con el tema principal. Pueden compartir cuantos pensamientos se deseen en respuesta a cada pregunta. Los participantes permanecerán anónimos, pero los pensamientos se compartirán públicamente más tarde.
- ESTRELLA: Después de que los miembros del personal de Thoughtexchange hayan moderado las opiniones para sacar cualquier cosa ofensiva o inadecuada, se invitará a los participantes a revisar sus opiniones y las de los demás antes de pedirles que marquen con una “estrella” las opiniones que resuenan lo más a ellos.
- DESCUBRIR: Los miembros del personal de Thoughtexchange analizarán los resultados del proceso de clasificación “estrella” para identificar temas comunes e ideas populares. Un informe público se preparará de forma anónima que presenta todas las opiniones compartidas y los resultados del proceso de clasificación “estrella”.
Cada proceso Thoughtexchange que implica la búsqueda de contribución de las familias o miembros de la comunidad se llevará a cabo en inglés y en español. Cuando sea apropiado, los miembros del personal del distrito explorarán opciones para la búsqueda de contribuciones de otras comunidades que no hablan inglés con fluidez.