TK-8 Homeschool Program
Thank you for your interest in San Juan Unified’s TK-8 Homeschool program.The optional homeschool program helps meet students’ individual needs and offers support to families who choose to educate their children at home. The parent/guardian will partner with a credentialed Advisory Teacher to create a customized educational plan for their student that will meet the California State Standards.As part of the program:
- Students must receive at least four to six hours of daily instruction from their parent/guardian in English and complete coursework meeting California standards for each subject.
- Parents or guardians must meet regularly with the assigned credentialed teacher.
- Families receive curriculum, resources, teaching tips, and educational advice.
TK-8 Homeschool Curriculum
- Blossom and Root
Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- National Geographic Reach for Reading
- McGraw Hill My Math
- Studies Weekly Science
- Studies Weekly Social Studies
Middle School (6th - 8th Grade)
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Collections
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Go Math
- Savvas Elevate Science
- McGraw Hill Impact History and Geography
- Edmentum Online Learning
Approved vendors list
A list of approved vendors to support and supplement the curriculum
The San Juan Unified School District encourages the reporting of potentially dangerous or suspicious activities. Through the We-Tip program, our community can file anonymous reports through a 24-hour hotline. If you or your child want to report a crime or suspicious circumstance, call the toll-free number, 1-800-78-CRIME, or visit www.wetip.com. If you see something or know something, say something.
"WETIP" is both a prevention tool and a crime reporting instrument for member schools affected by problems such as arson, illegal drug use, graffiti, vandalism, weapons and bullying. By promoting the “WETIP” program among students, staff, and neighbors, schools affirm that they will not tolerate crimes on their campuses and reveal that their sites are being watched.