For information about AVID visit www.avid.org
The AVID Student Profile:
Students with Academic Potential
- Desire and Determination
- Average to High Test Scores
- College Potential with Support
- 0-3.5+ GPA
Who May Participate?
Students who have the potential and desire to attend a four-year college and…
- have appropriate classroom behavior
- have between a 2.0 and 3.5+ grade point average
- have a good attendance record
- have good work habits
- are willing to commit to enrollment in a rigorous college preparatory sequence of courses.
- succeed in the most rigorous courses available
- become a part of school and community activities
- become educated and responsible participants and leaders in society
- 100% of our AVID graduates complete college entrance requirements compared to 37% of CA students overall.
- 100% of our AVID graduates earn acceptance to a 4-year university upon high school graduation.
Activities and events for AVID students:
- SAT/ACT Prep
- College / Career Exploration & Field Trips
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Class Assistance: Since we expect AVID students to take rigorous classes, we provide the following:
- Tutors during class and after school
Steps to Becoming an AVID Student:
Keep your grades up – AVID students usually have a 3.1 GPA or above. Citizenship grades count, too!
Fill out the AVID application online. The deadline for the application is Feb. 12, 2021.
You’ll be notified by the high school you will be attending in March-April.
AVID High School Contacts:
Please contact the AVID coordinator at the high school you will be attending if you have any questions.
Bella Vista Zara Budenbender Zara.Budenbender@sanjuan.edu
Casa Roble Andrea Hern Andrea.Hern@sanjuan.edu
Del Campo Emily Timmons Emily.Timmons@sanjuan.edu
El Camino Amy Heno Amy.Heno@sanjuan.edu
Encina Erica Oswald Erica.Oswald@sanjuan.edu
Mesa Verde Leslie Peoples LPeoples@sanjuan.edu
Rio Americano Leigh Sumers Leigh.Sumers@sanjuan.edu
San Juan Esti Sanchez Estibaliz.Sanchez@sanjuan