Spirit of San Juan
At San Juan Unified we believe that everyone benefits when people willingly contribute to the well-being of others and that diversity is a valuable asset that strengthens and enriches our community. Each year, members of the San Juan Unified community nominate remarkable people who embody what it is to have the “Spirit of San Juan!” The Spirit of San Juan awards recognize individuals or groups who help others in their school community, demonstrate positive character and provide an inclusive environment for others.
The 2019 Spirit of San Juan honorees are:
- Janell Eagan, secretary, Louis Pasteur Middle School
- Anastasia Hatzakos, student, Del Campo High School
- Ronnie Hopkins, instructional assistant, Coyle Avenue Elementary School
- Anthony Jackson, student, Mira Loma High School
- Sayed Mansoor, school & community resource assistant (Farsi), English Learner Programs
- Theresa McCrackin, volunteer & former teacher, Greer Elementary School
The six individuals/groups will each get to be the star of their own short video feature recognizing their positive contributions. The videos will premiere at a special Spirit of San Juan awards celebration on April 4, 2019 at Rio Americano High School’s Center for the Arts.