San Juan Unified strives to provide a physically and psychologically safe learning environment for every student, every day.Bullying, name-calling or any behavior that results in members of our school communities not feeling safe is not acceptable.
Our goal is to create an environment that is driven by some of our San Juan Unified shared beliefs:Every person is unique and has equal worthDiversity is a valuable asset that strengthens and enriches our communityEveryone benefits when people willingly contribute to the well-being of othersWe are launching a campaign, #SanJuanForAll, to promote empathy, inclusion and kindness among our staff, students and families and build positive culture. Please follow this page to keep track of activities.
"Pay It Forward" week
We are inviting staff, students and families to participate in “Pay It Forward” week in our schools from Jan. 15-19, 2018. Participants are asked to perform good deeds for others that will enhance our community. The receiver of the good deed is encouraged to “pay it forward” to someone else, creating a chain reaction of good acts and feelings.
Below, you’ll find links to many resources to help you and your school participate in “Pay It Forward” week. We hope that you have a restful Winter Break, and that when you return you’ll join us in this effort.
- "Pay It Forward" cards in color and in black and white.
- Joint "Pay It Forward" letter from San Juan Unified and several employee groups
- Overview of “Pay It Forward” week with resources:
- Family letter and call script templates that schools may customize, along with a customizable school newsletter blurb about the upcoming “Pay it Forward” week (Microsoft Word)
- Activity ideas for preschool
- Activity ideas for elementary
- Activity ideas for middle school
- Activity ideas for high school
- Activity ideas for staff and families
Last Modified on December 18, 2017