WHAT DOES THE POLICY COMMITTEE DO?
- Assists in developing and planning of the Head Start and Early Head programs
- Approves funding applications, program plans and goals, budgets, personnel policies and decisions, training and technical assistance plans and more
- Participates in the program’s self-assessment process
- Plans and approves activities for parent engagement
- Acts as a liaison between classroom parent committee and Policy Committee
WHO IS ON THE POLICY COMMITTEE?
- At least 51% of the Committee must be made up of current Head Start or Early Head Start parents. This includes elected parent representatives and alternates
- The remaining representatives may be community representatives and/ or past parents elected by the Policy Committee members
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE POLICY COMMITTEE MEETINGS HELD?
- The meetings are usually held in the morning for approximately two hours
- The Policy Committee meets once a month during the school year
- Most of the Policy Committee meetings are held at the General Davie, Jr. Primary Center, 1500 Dom Way, Sacramento, CA, 95864, in room 12
Last Modified on September 15, 2017