School Rules & Behavioral Expectations
General Playground/ Recess Rules
- Walk to and from the playground.
- Stay within boundaries.
- Be aware of activities/ games around you.
- No play fighting.
- What is on the ground stays on the ground.
- Balls may be used in designated areas only. No kicking or throwing balls on the blacktop except in game areas.
- No tag games.
- Include everyone- all games are open to everyone.
- Play fairly.
- Play all games by school rules only.
- Freeze at the end of recess bell.
- Walk to line when whistle is blown.
- Return all balls to the ball can near the equipment circle.
- Return jump ropes and hoola hoops to the equipment circle.
Fitness and Big Toy Areas
- Walk inside the boxes.
- Keep bark inside the boxes.
- You must be able to reach the overhead bars without assistance. No mounding bark or lifting students off the ground.
- Use hands off behavior with other students at all times.
- Observe one way traffic on the bars; from ladder to platform.
- Slide down the slides only.
- Get off equipment when bell rings and immediately freeze.
- No cherry drops.
- Field areas are used for organized games only.
- Report all accidents or injuries to an adult immediately.
- Move around organized games so you do not interfere with the game.
- Follow all school rules for organized games.
All Common Areas
- Walk facing forward.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to self.
- Get adult help for accidents or spills
- Use all equipment and materials appropriately
- Use kind words and actions.
- Wait for your turn.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Remove hats when inside.
- Follow school rules
- Remind others to follow school rules
- Take proper care of all personal belongings and school equipment.
- Be honest.
Halls, Breezeways, Sidewalks
- Stay to the right
- Allows others to pass
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Use quite voices.
- Stay on sidewalks.
- Use a hall pass when not at recess or when going to the office.
- Keep all food to self.
- Sit with feet on floor, bottom on bench, and facing table.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself while waiting in line.
- Allow anyone to sit next to you.
- Use quite voices.
- Use “please” and “no thank you” to let servers know your food choices.
- Remove your hat.
- Raise hand and wait to be excused.
- Get all utensils, milk, etc., when first going through the line.
- Stay on designated lines while waiting to be served.
Arrival and Dismissal Areas
- Walk your bicycle when on campus.
- Lock you bicycle to the bike racks.
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Walk to your vehicle only after it has stopped completely in the loading areas.
- Walk across the playground to the front of the school or the bicycle area.
(See common areas)
- Arrive on time- earliest arrival time is 8:55 a.m. unless participating in extended day programs.
- Leave on time.
- Wait in the breezeway area in the morning before dismissal to the playground.
- Bus and daycare van riders report to the office parking lot at dismissal.
- Students waiting for parents should report to the turn around area in front of D1 through D4.
- Keep feet on the floor.
- Keep water in the sink.
- Put towels in the garbage can.
- Use only grade level assigned restrooms.
- Knock on stall if door is closed.
- Give people privacy.
- Use quiet voices.
- Flush toilet once after use.
- Return to room promptly if not at recess.
- Use a bathroom pass if not at recess.
Last Modified on June 2, 2014