Bella Vista High School Advanced Placement Program
IMPORTANT UPDATES for 2020 AP tests:
With the recent school closures due to COVID-19 there are many changes with 2020 AP tests;
please visit https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students for detailed information
- All AP tests will be taken online
- AP tests will be 45 minutes in length and can be taken on any device
- Tests will be taken at home; AP tests will not be proctored at Bella Vista
- CollegeBoard removed cancellation fees if your student chooses to cancel their AP tests: if you need to cancel a test log into Total Registration and request a cancellation
- AP tests will be revised and only be covering material that was taught at most schools from August-March.
- Deadline changes for AP Art classes and Computer Science: Portfolios will be due May 26th (instructions will be sent to you via email from CollegeBoard
CollegeBoard will email students with important test information.
Please visit CollegeBoard for revised AP Test dates: https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students/taking-ap-exams/ap-exam-schedule
Bella Vista is proud to offer the challenge and rigor of 21 Advanced Placement courses. Our hope is that the diverse AP classes offered will appeal to a wide range of students. AP courses are high school classes taught at a college level, which allows students to develop content mastery and critical thinking skills that are expected in college. Taking AP courses is also looked upon favorably by colleges when making student admission decisions. Students will receive a weighted grade for AP courses. Students may also receive college credits for receiving passing grade on AP tests.
AP Exam Registration:
For the 2020 AP exams, students at Bella Vista High School will be registering online at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/050912.
This year each AP exam cost is $100.00. Bella Vista High School desires that every student be able to take their AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance should contact Mrs. Hodge, email@example.com, in the counseling office to see if you qualify for assistance.
Online Exam registration will begin on Sunday, September 1, 2019 and end on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM. To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered. All exams ordered or after November 8th will be subject to a $40 late fee. All exams cancelled on or after November 9th will be subject to a $40 cancellation fee. Tests can be ordered until March 2, 20202 at 8:00pm with a $40 late fee per test.
Bella Vista High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration.
Registration link: www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/050912
Important dates for the registration process:
- Sun, Sept 1, 2019 - Registration Begins
- Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Registration Ends
- Sat Nov 9, 2019 at 8:00 PM - Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
- March 1, 2020 8:00pm - Last day to order AP tests with a Late Fee
* All exams ordered or after November 8th will be subject to a $40 late fee
* All exams cancelled on or after November 9th will be subject to a $40 cancellation fee
If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Hodge, firstname.lastname@example.org