Fingerprinting Instructions and Directions
A fingerprint background check is required prior to employment or volunteering in classrooms with San Juan Unified School District. Applicants are responsible for paying the $59.00 or $78.00 fee (volunteers are excluded from this fee) for the fingerprinting background check and can select from the following payment options:
- Personal Check - payable to San Juan Unified School District
- Cashier's Check or Money Order - payable to San Juan Unified School District
- Cash - please bring exact amount
- For applicants hired into regular postions with the district, a one-time payroll deduction (in the amount of $59.00 or $78.00) can be deducted from the first pay warrant
- Applicant provides payment (from the options identified above) for the background check and obtains a "Request for Livescan Service - Applicant Submission" form from the school/program office or from Human Resources.
- On the form, make sure one of the following boxes is checked: Classifed School Employee; Credentialed School Employee; or Volunteer. Make sure the job title and location is listed.
- Fill in the applicant name and personal descriptor information section.
- Applicant will make an appointment at the following link: Fingerprint/Proficiency/Typing Appointments
- Applicant will bring the Livescan Service form and a valid driver's license to the San Juan Unified School District Human Resources Department.
- After the Livescan is completed, a receipt may be provided to the applicant with the Department of Justice's ATI number. The Department of Justice's Automated Applicant Response system may be contacted at (916) 227-4557 to find out the status of the fingerprint clearance.
- The Human Resources Department will notify the site administrator when the applicant/volunteer has received fingerprint authorization to work or volunteer.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must complete the proper paperwork (Steps 1 - 3 listed above) before scheduling an appointment with Human Resources. No appointments will be allowed without proper paperwork and will be rescheduled for a later date.
Human Resources Location:
The Human Resources Department is located at 3738 Walnut Avenue, in Carmichael, in the main district administration building. Please check in with the district receptionist upon arrival. Human Resources is open daily, except holidays and weekends.
Fingerprinting is done by appointment only Monday - Friday during the hours of 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM in 10 minute increments. Appointments must be scheduled through the fingerprint appointment link:
If you have any questions, please contact (916) 971-7246.