WASC Information, WASC Reports and Visiting Committee Reports
On March 2-4, 2020 Mesa Verde HS took part in their full self-study and WASC accreditation visit. The visiting committee consisted of the following professionals:
As a result, MVHS has received a 6-year accreditation with a 2-day mid-cycle review, through June 30, 2026. View accreditation letter here.The 2017 Mid-Term report and the related appendix, and the 2017 Mid-Term Visiting Committee report, can be accessed with the links below.In the Spring of 2014, Mesa Verde HS was awarded, by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), a 6-year accreditation authorization (the maximum length of accreditation that can be obtained). A two-day check-up visitation took place in March 2017 to evaluate the progress being made on the six Areas of Growth detailed in the site report.
- Yanik Ruley, Principal/Superintendent Retired - Committee Chair
- Madenh Hassan, Teacher - Committee Member
- Sara Pasillas, Assistant Principal - Committee Member
- Dr. Clifford Tyler, Professor-Emeritus Retired - Committee Member
On March 9, 2014, Mesa Verde High School saw the arrival of the WASC Visiting Committee. This visitation took place at the end of the previous six year accreditation cycle. The following committee members made the accreditation visit.
- Mr. Chris J. Holleran - School Support Administrator Mt. Diablo USD Concord CA
- Mrs. Dawn Horwath - English Teacher Foothill HS Palo Cedro CA
- Mrs. Emily Hanson - English Teacher Del Mar High School San Jose CA
- Ms. Margaret Nicoles - Assistant Principal Kerman HS Kerman CA
- Ms. Aline Lee - Assistant Principal College Park HS Pleasant Hill CA
Mr. Rick Messer, Acting Director for 9-12 Instruction, served as our school site district representative.In 2008, Mesa Verde High School was granted a 6-year WASC accreditation. Terms of accreditation can be two-years or six-years. The Mesa Verde administration, staff, parents, students and community worked hard to earn the maximum accreditation possible.The 2014 and the 2008 full-accreditation reports, the 2017 and the 2011 Mid-Term visit reports, and the 2008, 2011, 2014, and 2017 Visiting Committee reports are also available in PDF format.More information on WASC and the accreditation process can be obtained at the following WASC Web Site link.
- 2020 WASC Accreditation Letter
- 2020 WASC Action Plan
- 2020 WASC Visiting Committee Report
- 2020 WASC Full Self-Study
- 2017 Spring Mid-Term Visiting Committee Report.pdf
- 2017 WASC Mid-Term Review Report
- 2017 WASC Mid-Term Review Report Appendices
- 2014 WASC Visiting Committee Report
- 2014 WASC Report including Visiting Committee Recommendations
- 2014 WASC Visiting Committee 3-Day Tentative Schedule